At Revampt we know how important it is to be aware of your Planet’s conditions, and to be mindful of our actions. Contributing to our Earth by doing things the best way possible is the goal of living a Green life. Recycling, reusing, being aware of the use of resources such as water, electricity, gas, wood and food is paramount.
Food is meant to be consumed, however, did you know it could also be used for other purposes? Revampt Goods shows how you can reclaim or recycle your food before it hits the trash. We picked four common food items and will show you useful, and even surprising household and personal uses for it. Prepare to be amazed.
Kitchen Food Waste &Other Organics
that can be Reused
- Shine your shoes with the inside of a banana peal for a glossy shine
- Apply as ointment on a scraped knee with the inside of the peel
- Whiten your teeth in just 2 weeks by rubbing inside of peel on teeth daily
2. Incredible Edible Honey
- Fade scars on body by applying regularly to affected area
- Moisturize your face with honey as a facial mask
- Exfoliate your lips with 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp brown sugar and lemon juice
- Fade dark under eye circles by applying honey for 20 min to face twice/ week
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Use as a disinfectant for cleaning; mix one part vinegar and one part water
- Deodorize a room when vinegar is poured into a bowl and set in stinky area
- Fertilize your garden by mixing 10 ounces of vinegar with 10 gallons of water
- De-flea your pet when rubbed into their fur
4. Baking Soda
- Clean refrigerator with 1 tsp baking soda to 1 qt warm water
- Control Pests by sprinkling baking soda along baseboards to repel ants and roaches
- Cleanse face with 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp coconut oil and squeeze of lemon
Come See Our Reclaimed and Recycled Kitchen Ware At Revampt Goods!
Revampt Goods sells sensible, utilitarian, and affordable recycled home furnishings made from recycled materials. Everything in this store had a previous life and has been given new utility. Our incredible home products are fabricated from the most unsuspecting raw materials; bicycle wheels, sails, tires, dilapidated machinery, and more. Check back soon for more details as we continue to hand pick these one-of-a-kind reclaimed goods!