Reclaimed Bedroom Furniture for Good Sleep Hygiene
Lack of sleep is a national epidemic
We all know we’re supposed to get a good solid eight hours of sleep a night, but who has time for that? If you listen to the experts, we better start making time to catch some Zs, or we’re going to burn out before we have a chance to reach our full potential.
Side effects of sleep deprivation
It turns out that there’s a very good reason why we need eight hours of sleep per night. When we sleep, our body will detox, heal, rejuvenate, grow, and balance our hormones. Sleep is also the time when our brain will organize and store all the new information we gathered that day. Sleep helps us fight disease to stay healthy, and it helps us stay mentally tough so that we can make smart choices both in our personal lives and our professional lives.
One bad night of sleep can cause severe mood swings. We have a hard time focusing, we tend to make more mistakes, and we’re not fun to be around, which is fine because when you’re sleep-deprived, you don’t feel like being around people anyway. However, regular sleep problems can also lead to illness and disease, so it’s time we started taking sleep a lot more seriously.
If we want to continue to work hard and play hard, we need to start making time to sleep hard for eight hours a night.
Good sleep hygiene
Getting consistent sleep starts with practicing good sleep hygiene.
- Your last meal of the day should be low in fat and sugar, and you should try to avoid alcohol before bedtime. Initially, that glass of wine may make you relax and help you fall asleep, but once the alcohol wears off, it could cause you to be uncomfortable and make your sleep sporadic and inconsistent.
- Avoid electronics in bed. It’s time to pull out the old paperback and do some good old-fashioned book reading to calm your brain and your body.
- Turn down the temperature a few notches in the bedroom. Being cool will lead to better sleep.
- Take a warm shower and put on clean, comfortable clothes. Being comfortable is essential to getting a good night’s sleep.
- Turn your bedroom into a sanctuary. The bedroom should be calm, quiet, and serene. It should be a place where you can relax, reflect, and shut off your mind so that you can fall asleep. Find a bed, furniture, and decorations for your bedroom that will give you a sense of calm, as well as express personal style.
Unique bedroom furniture made from recycled materials
We have gorgeous custom beds and bedroom furniture made from 100% recycled materials. Each piece can be custom made to create zen and calm in the bedroom without sacrificing personal style and comfort.
At Revampt, we create home furnishings that are elegant, functional, and that you can feel good about.