Mindful Green Actions: Things to do to Save Water
At Revampt we know how important it is to be aware of our Planet’s conditions, and to be mindful of our actions. Contributing to our Earth by doing things the best way possible is the goal of living a Green life. Recycling, reusing, being aware of the use of resources such as water, electricity, gas, wood is paramount. Making sure you do the best you can to save water will do greatly for our world. Let’s take a look at some tips to apply at home and in your life to help take care of our precious liquid gold: water!
Tips on How to Save Water
- In the shower: showers can easily make-up ⅕ of all household water used. Depending on the shower, up to 5 gallons of water can pass per minute. Use a timer and take shorter showers. Turn off the water when you’re lathering up or shampooing. Also turn it off when brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Check and Fix all leaks: Leaks can waste up to 200 gallons of water a day and up to 3,000 gallons of water a year. Have a plumber inspect all the installation in your house for leaks.
- Washing dishes: some dishwashers might save more water than hand-washing but be sure to use full loads. Scrape plates immediately after eating so food doesn’t harden, which will make you use more water. Try filling the sink with water and washing all plates with it.
- Watering your garden: Use drip irrigation for plants and gardens, and water early in the morning to minimize evaporation. Make sure to water your garden thoroughly but only as often as needed. Check that hoses are not leaking. Learn how to collect rain that is great for the plants and will help you save money!
- Washing your car: Make sure to use a bucket when washing the car. Try to wash your car over your lawn and use a biodegradable soap. You can also bathe your pet, using an ecologically friendly shampoo.
- Toilets and faucets: Consider changing the toilets for the newer ones that are water-efficient models. Water-saving devices such as aerators in faucets will can cut by half the use of water.
COME GET GREEN FURNITURE AND
REPURPOSED ACCESSORIES AT REVAMPT GOODS!
Revampt Goods in Cherry Creek sells sensible, utilitarian, and affordable home furnishings made from recycled materials. Everything in this store had a previous life and has been given new utility. Our incredible home products are fabricated from the most unsuspecting raw materials; bicycle wheels, sails, tires, dilapidated machinery, and more. Check back soon for more details as we continue to hand pick these one-of-a-kind reclaimed goods!