Make An Upcycled Sweater Christmas Stocking in 10 Easy Steps!
Make your own Christmas stocking in 10 easy steps with Revampt Good’s DIY Upcycle project! Revampt Goods is located in Cherry Creek, just minutes from downtown Denver, and offers unique home furnishings and gifts in our one of a kind boutique. All of our items are recycled or upcycled from raw or used materials. See what you can do with an old sweater in today’s post, in your own upcycle project!
Sweater Christmas Stocking
- Find a Sweater- cable knit would be best, but whatever you like the most! Hit up a thrift store to find a cheap one!
- Wash your sweater, unless it is wool.
- Inside out the sweater and lay out on a cutting board.
- Make a pattern of the size of Christmas stocking you want. Make the pattern out of wrapping paper or a brown paper bag.
- Lay the pattern on the sweater as you would like it. Pin it down. Utilize the sleeves if possible! Lay the toe of the stocking on the sleeve and use the ribbing as part of the cuff.
- Cut through both layers of the sweater, following the pattern.
- Unpin the stocking from the pattern and pin the stockings together. Make sure the tops match perfectly!
- Sew the edges together, about half an inch in from the edge, all the way around. Use a long stitch if possible, since you are working with stretchy material!
- Turn the stocking inside out and smooth the edges.
- Sew a ribbon loop on the top. You could also sew on leftover fabric as a loop too!
Find Inspiration With Our New Upcycled Projects at Revampt Goods!
Daniel Louis decided to take a different approach to the green revolution. Instead of focusing broadly on the ever increasing number of “eco-friendly” products, Daniel has chosen to focus on products made from resources already in existence. Our reclaimed home furnishings are individually selected for their utility, creativity, and unique re-purposed nature. Our incredible home products are fabricated from the most unsuspecting raw materials; bicycle wheels, sails, tires, dilapidated machinery, and more. Please check back soon for more details as we continue to hand pick these one-of-a-kind reclaimed goods!